What is a good softball batting stance?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.
What batting stance should I use?
Your stance should be aligned to the pitcher with your feet, hips and shoulders on a line perpendicular to the rubber. A good way to test your balance is to get in your stance and have your coach provide a slight push from different directions. … Then, close your front eye, which is the eye closest to the pitcher.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms. …
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders. …
- Tip 3 – Swing. …
- Tip 4 – Contact. …
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
How can I increase my batting power?
Follow Top Five Tips to Increase Hitting Power
- Backlift – Backlift is the very first and important thing that you must improve if you want to hit big shots. …
- Footwork – These techniques are very helpful at the time of adjusting the backlift. …
- Use Pace of The Ball – …
- Timing – …
- Eye on Ball –
What is the perfect batting average?
275, and players with batting averages above . 300 are considered to be very good batters. A batting average of . 400 over a season is considered to be the ultimate achievement by a batter and is nearly unattainable in modern baseball.
Is a closed batting stance bad?
Closed Batting Stance
It can create some problems with getting to an inside pitch. Your upper body is already closed off and your bat has to go a little further to get to an inside pitch because it has to get around your body.
What is a good bat speed for softball?
College Softball Hitters: (55-85 mph) Similar to high school hitters, average bat speeds for college hitters range from 55 mph to 65 mph. The best hitters have bat speed in the mid 70s and elite hitters can top 80 mph.
How far can you hit a 16 inch softball?
The Playing Field
The official 16 inch diamond base lines will be sixty (60) feet. The pitching distance will be thirty-eight (38) feet. All batters start with 0-0 count ● No Extra foul balls!